Sunday 6 February 2011

Tom Gauld - Gigantic Robot


This is a couple more images from an illustrator who I find to be an ongoing inspiration. His stories are quirky and capture a great comical mood even with limited text.
The scenes are always well constructed and his sketchy lines and intricate shading never cease to amaze me.
I try to capture the minimalistic feel that is constant throughout his works in my own but sometimes find it a tall order. The level of detail makes me jealous! Because of this I try to buy any of his books/comics I come across and own quite a few, my most recent purchase being his Gigantic robot book. It is very good, even down to the thick pages making it feel very robust and somewhat childlike.
It is quite short but the story is very good. (I wont spoil it for others) This book is going down as one of my favourites, a great buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment