Sunday 6 February 2011

Powerpuff Girls

Looking back to the days of my childhood, I realize that I spent a rather LARGE portion of it watching cartoons and kids TV. There are a few shows which stand out, ones which even to this day I think about from time to time on a regular basis, one of these cartoons is definitely the Powerpuff girls. This may seem odd but it is actually a really good cartoon, one of the few which stands the test of time. It uses comedy and plays against the conventions of heroes and villains. Showing the endless battle where the villain always escapes, this may seem a dour thing which has been done before and before BUT it embraces these moments of silliness. The villains are flawed and somewhat creepy for kids TV but it is definitely something which inspired me early on.


No comments:

Post a Comment