Sunday 6 February 2011

BBC's The Genius of Design

To me, this was so much more than just a show. I watched it on a whim and sat there thinking that it was something I was interesting, what the worst that can happen? Well honestly it was possibly one of the most informative television show I have ever seen. I cannot praise it enough.

The show is split up into 5 episodes each an hour long, each of the episodes tackle important periods throughout the history of design, from the industrial revolution through to 1920s modernism, design during the second World War, the swinging 1960s, the designer 1980s and up to the present day.

I was vaguely aware of some aspects of design, knowing a couple of key designers that I had previously come across, but after watching this show I found myself identifying more and more in everyday life. I cannot praise this show enough if you are like me and have an interest in the history of design.

This is not a great clip to sell it on, but it was the best that was available on Youtube ...

No comments:

Post a Comment