Monday 7 February 2011

The Secret of Kells

I got this on DVD for Christmas and it really was a great gift. I like the story and I liked the animation, A LOT. It tells the story of a boy named Brendan and his quest to save the legendary book of Kells, an illuminated manuscript. The book of Kells is Irish treasure and itself a piece of art, created in the middle ages it like other works of illumination is full of illustrated borders, patterns and Gothic text. The animation itself mirrors this, it is full of patterns, showing how there are patterns in nature and that there is a beauty in nature, if we would only look. I thought it was a visually stunning piece of animation, one of the best I have seen in a long while, I love the shapes and patterns, especially when Brendan is in the forest with Aisling.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment