Saturday 14 May 2011

Rubber - Film poster

I saw this film the other day, it was okay, a bit different a bit slow, but largely a good twist on genres and the conventions that associate us with them. The concept of a psychokinetic tire, which rolls around with a thirst for blood is highly amusing. The film is a really good watch great cinematography, a clever script and all in all it works. BUT what I like the most was this poster! The tagline made me chuckle, it's embarrassingly obvious and poor, but I couldn't help myself ... Anyhow, I liked the retro printed feel, the eye captures the fact that the tire is alive and also evil, the red is like blood and the horizon created by the red and off white can be seen as being the representation of thew flat desert where the film is set. This poster really works, and sums up the film pretty well.
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment