Monday 16 May 2011

Other work

This piece of work was a typography exercise where we were told to find type in everyday surroundings. I think I pretty much missed the mark, and went too far with it. I should have just taken photos, but instead I illustrated parts of Leeds new developing skyline and spelled 'Development' with the windows. I liked my final piece but when I saw the others I realised that I had not actually done what I should have done ... Reading the brief properly would have helped.



This work was for a mini brief, where we were instructed to create a postcard to place on a wall in the studio. I drew this cloud, and of course I had to put a face on it, it's so happy!


This illustration is of Admiral Ackbar from Star Wars saying the infamous 'It's a trap!' line. This was done for myself and was my first attempt at using Adobe Illustrator. I liked it, a bit difficult to get to grips with at first, but once you get going it gets easier. I would like to practice using this program as the work that can be made using it is amazing.


This is one of my hand cut cards that I like to make, It is a poor imitation of Rob Ryan's style, but with practice, who knows ...

No comments:

Post a Comment